Notes: 1300 / 6 minutes ago
from tabzy18 (originally from aos-gifs)
Notes: 108 / 13 minutes ago
from glassesanddreads (originally from clonespiracy)
Notes: 7436 / 20 minutes ago
from dealanexmachina (originally from xgfan)
"When I started Stargate, I got the part, I was SO thrilled to have this INCREDIBLE character, to be playing someone in the military. I had SO much respect, to be playing someone who’s so smart and so liberated and… I thought “Yes!” I had two weeks to move from Toronto to Vancouver. I flew out there, I had my first wardrobe fitting. And one of the things that was in… THE thing that was in the wardrobe room was a very low-cut tank top and a push-up bra…And I turned to the costume designer - whom I’ve worked with since, who’s wonderful - and I said “What… What is this?” And she said “Well.. they wanna see what you look like in it.” And I said “…but this… NOBODY in the military, no captain in the US airforce would wear this… while her male counterparts are wearing crewneck t-shirts and… I c… I can’t do it!” And she said “Well, they just wanna see what you look like and take a picture and…” I was like “…”. And I PANICKED because I thought, I had just been given this AMAZING opportunity - I didn’t know it would last 10 years but I knew it was gonna be a kick-ass show - and I was like… “I can’t do it…” And I started to cry and I said “You have to go upstairs and tell them I’m not doing it. And if it means that they recast the part then recast the part but you’ve cast a smart woman and you’ve cast somebody who has NEVER tried to get a job based on her looks or her body, I’ve always played strong, smart women, I… I can’t do it. So if they wanna recast the part I totally get it but I’m not playing THAT version of this character.” But I’m saying this while I’m blubbering because I’m suffering that I’ve just lost maybe the best job of my career… And so she said “Okay” and I said “I’m sorry, I’m sorry, I’m sorry, I’ve NEVER been difficult, I don’t… but I CAN’T do that!” So she went upstairs and she came back down and she said “Okay, no problem.” And I said “Okay, so what’s my costume?” And she said “Well…” And I said “Just… What are the guys wearing?” So she handed me a black T-Shirt and the BDUs, which is what my character would wear in the field with her male counterparts, and that’s where we went from there. But that to me was the defining moment of… And I STILL cry about it because I still remember that young woman on the verge of breaking into the… new something big, being petrified that she was gonna loose it, but… I knew that I couldn’t play the TNA version of Sam Carter."
Notes: 44 / 27 minutes ago
from tinytmas (originally from obcapss)
Notes: 245 / 34 minutes ago
from tatasmaslany (originally from presidentraggy)
And the Emmy goes to…
Notes: 669 / 41 minutes ago
from tatiannamaslany (originally from botamsins)
Happy 29th birthday Rachel Skarsten! (b. April 23rd 1985)
Notes: 385 / 48 minutes ago
from tatasmaslany (originally from impeerium)
Notes: 149 / 56 minutes ago
from perpetuallyfive (originally from burningletter-)
maximofff asked: Top 5 Jemma Simmons moments
- You remember that time when she jumped out of a plane because to avoid killing her teammates? And she looked so scared, knowing she was jumping to her death, but she did it anyway because the only thing worse than dying would be dragging her friends there with her. And she had to hit Fitz over the head with a fire hydrant to make sure he didn’t try to stop her because she needed to save her people. I’m emotional just thinking about it.
- The other big time she was willing to sacrifice herself, in TRACKS when she thought the assailants had a bomb and literally threw herself in front of it to take the blast and hopefully save Fitz and Skye.
- Also in TRACKS, when she studied and studied and made up this elaborate cover because she knew her inability to lie properly was a huge liability. But she knows how to prepare, so boy did she prepare.
- Jemma breaking down after getting Skye in the hyperbaric chamber.
- Jemma and Fitz mocking Ward in FZZT
- Absolute rule follower Jemma Simmons lying to a superior officer and then shooting him in the chest with a night night gun so she and Skye could located Fitz and Ward and save them.
- Jemma wanting to vivisect the Asgardian
- Jemma/fire-hydrant OTP
- "and your prostitutes"
- Jemma being so smug about the superiority of Science over Operations
- The way she says the word “doodads”
- Jemma being scared of heights after jumping out of a fucking plane, but sucking it up and climbing a tree because she needs to do her fucking job
- Scrabble champion
- Jemma not assuming the worst of Skye, and being downright understanding when it’s revealed that Skye has been in communication with Miles about SHIELD
- The fact that Jemma is so preoccupied with her love of science that she has actual put animal body parts next to Fitz’s food
- Her eyebrow game is strong
- As are her clothing choices
- and her hair
- Her willingness to confront and go against Coulson, despite the enormous respect she clearly has for him, when his desires go against her need to do the right thing and save lives
- That time she talked to Trip about how much she had come to care to about Skye in such a short period of time (and omg i just want to see so much more of their friendship)
- Her awkward rambling about Mike’s body
- "I’m not Hermione"
- Her fascination with all the morbid aspects of biology
- Oops this is not 5 so let’s just end with some of my favorite Jemma Simmons gifs
Notes: 32 / 1 hour ago
from betchilds (originally from knightleyskeira)
Notes: 132230 / 1 hour ago
from hannily (originally from sansastans)
Sansa Stark meme: 1/10 scenes
“Sansa!” The boyish shout rang across the yard; Joffrey had seen her. “Sansa, here!”
He calls me as if he were calling a dog, she thought.
what I really love about this scene is that Sansa is trying to emotionally manipulate Joffrey into going to the most dangerous area of the fight. Don’t tell me she’s just a passive player, she picks her battles where she can and this is her shining moment of defiance.
#dont talk to me if you dont like sansa